Have you wondered about a hobby that families can do together, particularly for active kids under the age of seven? The hobby world seems to open up as your kids grow older. However, you are not as limited as you may think even with younger kids. After a brainstorming session with a friend of mine, we came up with this list:
1. Gardening: This is a favorite hobby for active kids. Children love dirt, and there is a lot of fun in gardening. Kids get to connect with the earth as well as watch fruits of their labor blossom, grow and ultimately become food on their plate. Gardening is indeed one of the wonderful experience for kids. Not only do they get to know where food comes from, but they create gratitude for the work it takes to present food to the family table. Furthermore, it is a great way of blowing off the stream, nothing like plowing to let go of energy.
2. Making music together: Nobody cares if you know how to play a musical instrument. Learn them as a family, alternatively, have every member identify a different instrument to learn. For sure, there are music lasses intended for this idea in mind.
3. Collect as a family: There are lots of assortments that can be bowed to more than just an active kid’s hobby. They can serve as provender for home education. Coins and stamps, for instance, have a great potential for historical, mathematical and geographic discussions. Shells and rocks are even another delightful tools advancing studies in oceanography and geology. Collection develops skills correlated to classifying and sorting in addition to opening up discussions with an academic motivation.
4. Taking up photography: Even the smallest kid can help out in taking pictures. Undoubtedly, babies who can grasp objects can get hold of the camera and snap pictures. It takes a short time before they can take pictures. Favorite photographs are taken through kid’s eye as they snap random pictures of our regular days. Photography conveys an awareness of our surroundings, and it can bring lots of fun for everybody. Additionally, photo comparison and observing the same snap taken through different eyes turns out to be a lot of fun.
5. Nature exploration: Every young child is thrilled at getting out to explore nature. It does not matter your location; there is at least a place you can visit to get in Mother Nature. Be it bird watching, hiking, wild walk or simply breathing in fresh air; it is indeed a beautiful experience especially if it is a family affair. Each escapade is unique, and even babies will enjoy getting along in a baby carrier as opposed to getting stuck in the house.
6. You need to get moving. Cycling, swimming and horse riding are all friendly activities for active kids. When kids go along as active participants, there are always other family activities that can be done.
7. Volunteering: Volunteering not only instills significant values in your kids but serves as a need too. Some of the best family memories focus on helping out others.
8. Cooking. Most younger kids love to help with cooking, so let them try some simple things they will like to eat when finished.
Because there are days you cannot get outdoors as well as days you cannot resist getting outside, here are some of the hobbies that can be done either outdoors on indoors:
Hobby Choices for Active Kids – Indoor or Outdoor
It is worth noting that these activities can either be don outdoor or in, only with minor modifications to the activity.
1. Simply setting up a balance beam, outside or in, and walking along it. Who cannot make it across?
2. Set up a ‘hot lava’ kind of a game. Set up a cluster of newspaper plates and hurdle from one to the next.
3. Impersonate one another. If you got a toddler, copy whatsoever they do. You can as well try this out with a pet as well.
4. Create roads to run along, drive alongside, either outside or in. Sidewalk chalk works well, so does tape!
5. Enjoy jumping in the house, or set it up outdoors. All you need is sidewalk chalk or some tape.
6. You can tape decorated lines or draw on the walkway and have the kids walk along them.
Now not every suggestion is suitable for each child. I fact, you can be sure some of them will be considered stupid. But try a few, and take the personality of your child into account when you select those you will try.